How do I qualify for funding?
- Be a member whose name appears on the Membership list controlled by the Samson Cree Nation.
- Be accepted for enrollment at a recognized post secondary educational institution for a program of studies.
How do I apply for funding?
1. You must be a Samson Cree Nation Member who has been accepted into a post-secondary program.
2. Fill out the post-secondary application form and provide all required documentation. (Please refer to our “Apply Now” page for the list of required documents)
2. Fax completed applications to (780) 585-3857 or mailed them to:
Nipisihkopahk Education Authority
Attn: Trevor Swampy or Allyson Dennehy
Box 658 Maskwacis, AB T0C 1N0
Or email Trevor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Wait until mid July to early August for results.
I missed the deadline. Can I apply late?
What if I failed a course?
Can I withdraw from a course?
How much time do I get to complete my program of studies?
Certificate : 10 months. No part-time studies permitted.
Diploma: 16 months
Degree: 32 months
After degree: 16 months
Professional degree: 24 months
Master: 24 months
Doctorate: 24 months
Please Note: if an extension is required a letter from the faculty/Dean or advisor is required and will be assessed by the Post-secondary coordinator
Does PSSSP cover Adult Upgrading?
Does PSSSP cover Trades?
Trades will be referred to Samson Human Resources and Training & Development.
Do I have to re-apply for the winter semester?
Does PSSSP pay for my tuition deposit?
For new students not yet accepted into the post-secondary program must pay the tuition deposit and after approval into the program will get reimbursed.
Does PSSSP help with computers or laptops?
Unfortunately not. Please see our scholarship or bursary page to help find additional financial student supports. Or if you have the highest g.p.a from high school, college diploma, or degree programs you may be eligible to receive one at the Samson Education Trust Fund Annual Awards Night.
Am i allowed to switch my program of studies?
How much do I get for incentives?
Incentives fall under the Nipisihkopahk Iyinisiwin Trust Fund (NITF). Please follow up with Louise Omeasoo, NITF Coordinator